About Bamboo Fabric
Nudy Patooty undershirts are made of bamboo fabric (95% bamboo, 5% spandex), which in addition to the luxurious silky soft feel, has many other properties that make it an ideal fabric for undershirts and is kind to the environment:
- Anti-odour: Bamboo fibers naturally contain a substance called bamboo kun, which provides the plant with anti-bacterial properties and these properties stay in the fiber even after they have been processed into fabric. This means that bamboo fabric naturally has properties that kill odour-causing bacteria.
- Regulates body temperature: Bamboo fabric has micro-gaps, which aid in ventilation, meaning they trap cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter to regulate your body temperature.
- Super absorbent: The porous nature of bamboo fabric also means it is three to four times more absorbent than cotton, allowing it to absorb perspiration away from the body keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Renewable resource: Bamboo grass is the one of the fastest growing plants in the world. This means more bamboo can be harvested in a shorter period of time, in a smaller space, and it is a high yield renewable resource that doesn’t need to be replanted annually.
- No chemical pesticides: Bamboo is naturally disease and pest resistant, which means it can grow organically without the use of pesticides (did you know cotton is one of the most intensely sprayed crops in the world!).